Fee for sending money to a friend

rebstarr
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded the Paypal app to my phone. I am linked to my bank account and to a credit card. I used my bank account to send money to a friend because it said there was no fee to send money to friends, but I was charged a fee. I can't find anywhere on the Web site to make a complaint about fees. If I'm going to be charged for something it said there was no charge for, then I'm going to delete the app and never use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rebstarr 

Is the friend's PayPal account opened overseas/outside of USA? Because they will charge if it is cross border. It's only free if sending with PayPal balance/bank account within USA/if both sender/recipient has US PayPal accounts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rebstarr
Contributor
Contributor

No, we both live in the U.S., both in the same city, both with local bank accounts. 

Login to Me Too

rebstarr
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I'll just delete the app and never again use PayPal to pay an individual. Can't even find a link anywhere on PayPal's site to dispute the fee. 

Login to Me Too

laugher
Contributor
Contributor

@rebstarr- not sure about their web page but on the PayPal mobile app, you do this;

1. Open the app and login.

2. When the main page opens showing your PayPal Balance and activity, tap the cogwheel at the top right corner of the app.

3. Your profile will be shown, scroll all the way to the bottom. Tap Help.

4. At the bottom of the Help page, tap Contact us.

5. On the "Tell us about your issue" page, tap Disputes and account limitations.

6. Tap Disputes.

7. Scroll all the way to the bottom, tap Message Us or Call us.

Long winded? Yep. That's what the world is like right now. Have you tried to find the link to Uber, for example when you want to complain and talk to someone? Its all like that now. Gone are the days when you have the experience of walking into a shop, not happy about something and ask to speak to the manager. This experience hasn't quite translated to the internet. Yet.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.