Esteemed Advisor

@Matt228 

No.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Matt228 and @kernowlass,

Thank you for your posts! While it has been true in the past and is still true for some countries that there was no inactivity fee, this is changing in some countries.

As of the time of this post, this information would be in the current Policy Updates if your country is one of the countries where this fee will be part of the updated User Agreement. If you're reading this post after mid-December 2020, you can check the Fees section of the User Agreement. Both the Policy Updates page and the User Agreements page can be found by clicking Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website, and selecting your country from the drop-down menu.

I hope this helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Nkhein
Contributor
Contributor

takis33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Anyone knows: if I never use paypal again, will I be charged with fees with the result of having negative balance?
Meaning owing money all of a sudden??

I appreciate any answer.

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@takis33 

If you have a negative balance and don't pay it then paypal passes the debt on to a collection agency for them to try and collect from you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

takis33
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your response.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Sorry about this.

My question was what happens if I never use my account again. Is Paypal going to charge me even if my

balance is 0?

I didn't mean having negative balance because of me (for example buying an item without paying).

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@takis33 

Yes they will, if you don't want to use your account then maybe close it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

takis33
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks for your response!

But from what I found out, paypal will not charge fees for an inactive account with 0 balance. That would be a robbery.

They have no right to do this anyway.

As for closing my account is easier said than done, since I only have 1.38 euros. You must have 0 balance to close it, if I am not mistaken...
A good strategy is to have an active account, because maybe someday you may need it.

Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@takis33 

I wouldn't answer your question saying yes they will charge if it wasn't true.

And its legal as its in their LEGALLY AGREED user agreement >>>

Other Legal Terms – Our Rights – Inactivity Fee

We are establishing an inactivity fee for accounts that have been inactive for at least 12 consecutive months.

So yes you WILL get charged if you don't use it. If you have euros in your account then spend them or withdraw them and then close your account if you want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.