Fee charged randomly for same conditions?

corpho
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Maybe this has been asked a ton of times already, but I couldn't find any similar posts. When I send money to two of my contacts using the exact same payment method (card instead of bank account) I get charged a fee when I send money to one "friend", but not the other. I've scoured PayPal and the Internet for a reason, but can't find one. It's the seeming lack of consistency that I don't understand: sending $100 to one "friend" in my state of the US results in a $3.20 fee, whereas sending $100 to another "friend" in the exact same state incurs no fee at all. Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor
You will be charged a fee when you send money using ur card. However, sometimes the payment will go under review and it takes longer than the expected time that is 30 minutes, in that case you will not be charged any fee. You can check in your account, you would have been charged for the payment which has been sent immediately and not for the payment which took longer than 30 minutes. And also, when you sending money you will get a pop up saying it will take more time then expected do you want to proceed, so it means you will not be charged for such transactions.
Login to Me Too

corpho
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding, but I'm not sure what you described is what's happening. I've never seen a message regarding delayed transfer times, and I was told from the recipients each time that the money showed up as soon as I sent it.

Login to Me Too

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor
I am sorry for the confusion Corpho. What I explained was with regards to withdrawal not for sending money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.