Family and friends option not available

tooteepros
Contributor
Contributor
Why is there no f&f option in Riyadh? It’s very annoying it limits me to what I buy in the internet because almost all sellers have items that I was but they won’t accept g&s due to the fact you have to wait like 21 days and pay a fee to get your money and can chargeback while with f&f it gets sent instantly and you can’t chargeback meaning sellers will often use that instead of g&s it’s so goddam annoying
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tooteepros 

If you pay as goods and services, then if some thing goes wrong with the order, you can not dispute it through PayPal. You are helping sellers avoid fees and this make fees higher for everyone, maybe that is why PayPal block your f&f.

Sellers can get their money sooner if they just ship the item out and add tracking number to the transaction and when PayPal confirms delivery, they release funds. The holds are not forever, just until the seller builds up a good account history or very little to no problems reported and PayPal will release their funds immediately.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tooteepros
Contributor
Contributor
Why does some country’s have f&f while I don’t? It’s so simple to add it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tooteepros 

Services vary a lot country to country as Paypal can only provide the services that the government and banks of that country allow.

As for friends / family..............

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and sellers risk their Paypal accounts being limited if they do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.