Fake txt?

robpp
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to report fake message but doesn't seem to be an option Just received a message from +4[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Saying: PayPal:Your account has been restricted due to an unauthorized payment. Please go to <removed> to remove the block

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robpp 

Fake emails and texts from paypal and other companies have been ongoing for the 15 years i have helped on here.

Normally originate from internet cafes in Africa etc so nothing paypal can do about it.

They ask you to report so that they can confirm to you its fake and to be aware of any new scams ongoing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robpp 

Just delete and ignore.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

robpp
Contributor
Contributor
Is there no way PayPal can track/stop this. I know the banks use this info to prevent future problems? Obviously I'm not going to open it, I'm just worried someone else will get this and get scammed. There used to be a reporting email but this is now blocked
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robpp 

Fake emails and texts from paypal and other companies have been ongoing for the 15 years i have helped on here.

Normally originate from internet cafes in Africa etc so nothing paypal can do about it.

They ask you to report so that they can confirm to you its fake and to be aware of any new scams ongoing.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@robpp,

You can find instructions on how to report this to PayPal here:  https://bit.ly/35mSHrH

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.