Contributor
It came up as first result in search
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Loribeth

Yep, i am reporting them everyday on here, but some get through and then show up on search.  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alejho108

Friends I regret to say this happened to me. I looked at my google search history: "paypal customer service" right before an outgoing call in my phones history that is not the paypal service number. I called the number and they told me to verify buy buying a google play card $100. I did so and I regret it dearly. They said the card didnt work and to do the process again, this time with $500. I contested and they were very courteous and explanatory, and because I was linking a bank account I actually believed them. There were clues, yes, but I think I wanted to believe them because the Paypal website was rejecting my attempts to link my bank for the previous 2 days. He even sent me texts with the same 6 digits as paypal 729725. I lost 600 dollars. I feel foolish, and I do not know what to do, so I am posting on here to hopefully get a clue. This is their "help line" [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] after using it I could still use help. I called them today and asked them to verify  via email they were paypal, and the young man on the other end got extremely nervous, shaky voice. He sent me an email from (at-pay pal .com) which was clearly not an official email. If they are able to hack google to get their number as the first link, and then send emails with paypal endings, they are quite sophisticated, but I did certainly goof, buying those play cards. I got spoofed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.