Fake email from Paypal

ssmt
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from service at paypal.com indicating that they have charged a payment for airbnb.  Obviously, I did not authorize that transaction.  The transaction was sent to a second email I have and don't know the password to it.  Tried security questions and clicked on send the link to the email address (to which I still have access).  Answers to security questions failed and I still have not received the password recovery link to my email address.  Checked the SPAM folder as well. 

If I expand service at paypal.com, it says <removed> and the transaction ID is KBEDJPWUZSDPVBPMRPBN.  I forwarded the email to spoof at paypal.com.  What else can I do since I do not remember the password, the system has not send me a password recovery link to log into the account and it is not in the SPAM folder.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ssmt

If your second PayPal email address is linked to same PayPal account then the transaction should show if you logged in with your main PayPal email address that you do know the log in info for.

If you checked the email header of the PayPal email address and is aliased to <removed> then its likely a fake email. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ssmt
Contributor
Contributor

The second paypal account is definitely not linked to the primary since I don't see it when I log into that account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.