Facebook Market Place Purchase

mahmudk
Contributor
Contributor

If I want to buy something from someone on facebook market place in a different state and I use PayPal goods and services as a payment method will I be protected if the item doesn't show up? Notice this is a person and not a business. Is there protection for peer to peer payments?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mahmudk 

That depends on many factors all listed in Paypals buyer protection policy for you to read and then you can risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mahmudk
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have read it. The whole reason for me posting on here is to get confirmation that I will be protected before I make the purchase. If you need any more information to be able to help me I can provide it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mahmudk 

Well confirmation on whether you will be protected or not is all in that buyer protection policy so why not go read it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mahmudk
Contributor
Contributor

I want an official confirmation so that in case something does go wrong I want to be able to point to this and be like I was told I would have been covered. I want to have my back covered since I have never had something shipped from a person and not a company.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mahmudk 

Well no one can do that as it is dependent on MANY factors to do with individual transactions and how you make them.

So go read up on buyer protection so you can risk assess your own transactions like we all do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mahmudk
Contributor
Contributor

Well, can you at least tell me if it covers peer to peer transactions not just to businesses?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.