FEES FEES FEES

SBCAPLLC1
New Community Member

Hoping someone can Help. I just opened pay pal business account. My friend is sending me 3600.00. 

The first attempt....I created an invoice for fun and he sent payment. —— The fee was $104 for a paypal to paypal transfer. I declined it. 

The second attempt ....I sent him the paypal me link so he could select Friends and family (free) instead of goods and services.  He explained our link didn’t give that option. So again in dealing the payment. 

So what can I do for a successful NO FEE third try and prevent this from happening in the future.?  My business doesn’t sell any goods and my services are ALWAYS friends and family transactions. HELP!!! 

Josh

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SBCAPLLC1 

If you have a BUSINESS account then you are a seller and so pay a fee per transaction.

A family/friends payment is ONLY for gifts of money from family or friends and not payment for any goods or services.

If you use that option for payments rather than ''gifts'' of money then you risk your paypal account being permanently limited.

A business accounts paypal.me link is always a business one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.