Explain PayPal balance

Caribgal9
Contributor
Contributor

I see on my dashboard PayPal Balance 0.00 Available. Not sure what that means. I confirmed my credit card during the same session, and I am supposed to await a code with my bank statement and some upgrade  What is the meaning . Is the page saying that I cannot spend for now? 0.00 available?????? If so why? There has never been an issue. If I get a bank statement from my local bank every 3 months do I have to wait for my next quarterly statement from my bank. I think this requires some sort of explanation.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caribgal9 

0.00 balance mean you do not carry any available funds in your PayPal balance account to buy anything with. You must link and confirm your credit/debit card, and/or bank account to the wallet page so that you can choose from these linked funding source during PayPal checkout to pay with. When someone sends you money to your PayPal account, then you will see an available dollar balance instead of 0.00 balance.

When linking a card, you can log onto the account online or call their customer service number to get the 4-digit code.

When linking a bank account, PayPal deposits 2 small amounts to your bank account which if you have online banking access or call your bank, you can retrieve those amounts to enter into the wallet for the bank.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caribgal9 

0.00 balance mean you do not carry any available funds in your PayPal balance account to buy anything with. You must link and confirm your credit/debit card, and/or bank account to the wallet page so that you can choose from these linked funding source during PayPal checkout to pay with. When someone sends you money to your PayPal account, then you will see an available dollar balance instead of 0.00 balance.

When linking a card, you can log onto the account online or call their customer service number to get the 4-digit code.

When linking a bank account, PayPal deposits 2 small amounts to your bank account which if you have online banking access or call your bank, you can retrieve those amounts to enter into the wallet for the bank.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.