Excesive Fees

em0224
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the USA and I was sent 630 USD from a friend and I only received 605.32 USD into my US credit card. So I was charge a fee of almost 25 USD for this transaction. This is extremely expensive and I will never use PayPal again if this does not get resolved. Why was I charged so much? I tried to Submit a claim but the Paypal system keeps having errors. I'm really disappointed. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@em0224

Your friend send you a goods and services payment in error, not personal/friends and family payment, so PayPal fee is taken out 2.9% + 30 cents and plus the 1% fee for withdrawing to card (when you can withdraw to bank account for free), the fee totals just under about $25.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

em0224
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Is there any way to correct this and get that 2.9% plus 30 cents credited when this mistake is made?

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@em0224

Your friend send you a goods and services payment in error, not personal/friends and family payment, so PayPal fee is taken out 2.9% + 30 cents and plus the 1% fee for withdrawing to card (when you can withdraw to bank account for free), the fee totals just under about $25.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.