Enter Code Suspicious SMS

Somerset2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there 

I've received the following SMS twice over the last 24 hours with a  different 6 digit code:

Enter your code on the PayPal website. CODE: ******. Msg and data rates may apply. 

They come from the same number that sends the legitimate PayPal security which expire in 10 minutes. I've changed my password.

The link to a PayPal page included in Drew's reply to a similar query isn't working.  See below

Here's a link that talks about texting with PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/mobile/mobile-text. The number that we text from is on this page. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

esid721248
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

In order to assist you with the SMS that you have received, may I ask if you can provide a screenshot of the said message and please send it as an email attachment to spoof@paypal.com so that we can check on the authenticity of the said message.

Please be guided that you can also live chat with us.  Just log into your account, go to www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us and select an issue.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

esid721248
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

In order to assist you with the SMS that you have received, may I ask if you can provide a screenshot of the said message and please send it as an email attachment to spoof@paypal.com so that we can check on the authenticity of the said message.

Please be guided that you can also live chat with us.  Just log into your account, go to www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us and select an issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.