Email sent but payment not credited

teeSitha
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item to someone I then got an email saying money was sent to my account in order for the money to be credited to my account I need to provide a tracking for the parcel then I did then message came back saying they are still tracking the tracking number I must be patient I then waited and then message came back saying an extra amount was deducted from the buyers account instead of the amount I’m supposed to get so I must pay this extra amount first then money will be credited to my account that is when I started to smell a scam is this possible what could have happened.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@teeSitha 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Or once you have sent and they know you have become a victim they may again send you 'fake' Paypal emails stating they sent too much and you have to refund BEFORE the funds are released to your balance or you have to send a western union payment to pay customs fees etc.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.