Email scam??

BreS29
Contributor
Contributor
I just got this email from paypal. Is it legit or a scam? I only use my PayPal for family Hello Customer, Your account appears to have had an automated behavior that violates our Rules . To unlock your account, please click the button below and follow the steps to confirm that you are the valid account owner. Confirm The Account If you ignore this email your account will be Officially Permanently dis abled the next 48 hours ... Thanks! PayPal Team
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @BreS29,

I'm sorry to hear that you received the email you describe. That is a fake email intended to get you to disclose sensitive information to a fraudster. Please do not click the button and do not provide any personal information.

If you ever do have an issue with your account, that will be able to be seen by logging directly into your account without following any links, by visiting PayPal.com. There would be messaging indicating that action is necessary in the Resolution Center. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.