Email scam

OliviaB
Contributor
Contributor

I have received emails stating my acct is in jeopardy.  I know it's a scam.

It is sad that people have nothing to do but this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Good day @OliviaB, I hope all is well. I know how alarming it is when you received an email stating that your account is in jeopardy. However, it looks like you were able to check on your account and nothing is unusual. If that was the case then you've done the right thing. Yes, we have to assume that you've received a fraudulent email. Logging into your PayPal account is the best way to understand if there's action waiting for you. Any kind of action or notification waiting for you is either displayed on the account summary page or you'll see a notification waiting for you in the bell icon that either directs you to the message in the Message Center or Resolution Center. Since there was nothing in your PayPal account someone was trying to scam you. I am glad that you are staying safe and taking the correct steps. Please click the link for more information: https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/how-to-spot-fake%2C-spoof%2C-or-phishing-emails-faq2340?.... Thank you and have an excellent day!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.