Email saying 'Welcome to Paypal One Touch' that I did not initiate, should I be worried.

lchavali
Contributor
Contributor

Today I got email from paypal services saying Paypal One Touch is enabled on some device, which I am not aware of. I did not enable any one touch on any device today. When called customer service, someone from suspicious activity support said it looks like someone hacked my phone # and receiving text msgs to activate their devices for Paypal One Touch using my account. I do not think that is the case since I did not receive any OTP text msgs on my mobile #. Have anyone received this kind of emails, with weird device names activated with one touch for paypal.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

marcobartman
New Community Member

Same issue. The email looks original, but if I log into my profile i can't see the One Touch option enabled. And the device name mentioned in the email is not mine. Email received  days ago, no suspicious movements on my account...

Login to Me Too

Sanniet
New Community Member
I just got this email too with a device name I don't recognize. Does anyone know what it is?
Login to Me Too

glentz
Contributor
Contributor

Slightly different email. Starts with Enjoy auto-login for faster checkout and goes on to detail I've activated One Touch for the following device. While the device listed is probably mine, I did not activate. The email goes on to say how to disable, which I did. In looking at the FAQ's, PayPal says they may turn it on (or off) depending on what usage they see for a particular combination of device and vendor (for example windows 10, Edge browser, vendor x). I assume now that I've manually turned it off, PayPal will not monitor for usage and automatically turn on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.