Email from Paypal titled We made it easier

Elliot51
New Community Member

Received an email, supposedly from Paypal, Subject; ' We made it easier to check out with Paypal on your trusted device'. 

Did anyone else receive this email?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

cobwebsanddust
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same message.  Turns out it was legit.

Did not think PayPal would set me up with an autologin without my permission, so I thought it might be a phishing email even though it looked legit. 

So logged into my account without using the email link, went to my accounty settings, Security, and found the email really was from PayPal... the autologin described had been set up without my permission.  Actually there were two.  Very bad.  Removed them both.

Login to Me Too

Trelligan
Contributor
Contributor

I am constantly getting these now. I use a password manager, and DO NOT WANT any form of auto-login. I do not like clicking links in emails.
   Autologin is LESS SECURE and I want an option to completely block this function for my account.

Login to Me Too

Digitalwand
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.  I disable the auto login, but next time I make a transaction with PayPal it (PayPal) enables it and I get this email.

Tried multiple times to chat, but seems they didn't fully understand what I'm talking about.  Eventually I spoke with somebody, who assured me that he disabled it -- But I keep experiencing same problem.

This is such a major security issue -- I don't understand why PayPal even does it -- AND without permission. 

Login to Me Too

dolt1
Contributor
Contributor

I got the autologin without my approval or request, but didn't get the email.  I went to buy something, chose PayPal, when I got to it I was already logged in.  My inquiry about this is now starting its second week of contradictory responses from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

galileosgems
New Community Member

I just rec'd this message and am irate.  I disabled my browser-Google Chrome-from auto log in. It isn't secure.  Anyone with any sense knows this.  Also, I'm sick of online companies telling me they've improved something to make it "easier."  It isn't.  It's really theft.  "Easier" means that PayPal controls my PW now.  Not me.  "Easier" means that PayPal now has access to my browsing history, and that is worth money to them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.