Email changes

cielo22
New Community Member

I've added a new email. I'm having difficult deleting the old email so that the new would be primary email. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
It's good that you reached out to us regarding this matter. Kindly assure if the email added is already confirmed and it can be done via desktop or PC only. You can use your mobile device but make sure not to use the mobile app for PayPal and use your device browser and put it on desktop mode/ view. Hope this link will help.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-my-email-address-faq1797
Login to Me Too

Tess_08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @cielo22, Welcome to community forum. If there's only one email address linked to your PayPal account, it's by default your primary email address. You won't be able to edit or delete your primary email address. If you want to replace your current email address with another one, you'll need to add and confirm the new email address, make it your primary email, and then remove the old email address. After you've changed your email address, remember to also update it in any associated eBay auctions or on your website to avoid payment interruption. Replacing your primary email address First, add and confirm a new email address: 1. Go to your Profile Icon Settings. 2. Click + in the Email section. 3. Type the new email address and click Add Email. 4. Click Update next to this email address, and click Confirm this email. Find our email in your inbox to confirm this email address. Then, assign a new primary email address for your account: 1. Go to your ProfileIcon Settings. 2. Click Update next to the email address. 3. Check the box next to Make this my primary email for receiving notifications, and click Change Email. Finally, remove the old email address: 1. Go to your ProfileIcon Settings. 2. Click Remove next to the email address. Editing a secondary email address You may add up to 7 email addresses to your PayPal account. Each email address can only be associated to one PayPal account at a time. You can update a secondary address following these steps: 1. Go to your ProfileIcon Settings. 2. Click Update next to your email address in the Email section. 3. Update the email address and click Change Email. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.