Email address for Paypal Customer Support in the USA

shursnap
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know the email address for Paypal Customer Support for the USA?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shursnap 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the email or phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Email us' or 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code (for phone only).
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shursnap
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I did, but when I got to the bottom there was NO email option!?? Call Us was there, but no email us. I don't have twitter, but I can try the facebook option. I'd sure prefer to send an email though.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @shursnap,

I'm sorry to hear that there's no email option. That's very strange! When you contact through one of the other methods, please let the representative know about the lack of an email option. They can create a report to our technicians to report the issue.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

shursnap
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Olivia for trying to help. I suspect that the email option was intentionally removed? I've been a loyal Paypal customer for over 20 years and one day a couple of weeks ago I signed onto Paypal only to find a message saying that my account was no longer active and that I have NO path for an appeal!?? I called customer support and all they would tell me was that I had violated the User Agreement. After more questions they said it had to do with the "weapons" policy, but I don't sell anything that would be classified as a weapon, or dangerous item. I asked for an appeal and for an opportunity to explain the items I sell and to ask what specifically they thought violated the user agreement. The representative promised I would have a chance to explain and provide information if needed before a decision would be made. Two hours later I got an email saying that the appeal had concluded and they ruled against me!!?? What sort of message is this sending to a long time loyal customer! This is completely unfair and nobody seems to care!!?? I just wanted to send an email to customer support with necessary information to help show that I did NOT violate the user agreement and that I am NO threat to Paypal. I really need to get my message to someone who actually has some common sense and might at least try to help me be heard by someone who could reverse this CRAZY decision so I can get back to supporting my family! I would be grateful for ANY assistance you could give me. I'm begging for help... please.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @shursnap,

I'm sorry to hear about the permanent limitation. It sounds like you're correct regarding the email option being removed due to the permanent limitation and the lack of further appeal options for the same. 

I'm very sorry that you've had this experience. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

shursnap
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your sympathy, but what I really need is an option to get this straightened out. As a 20+ year customer with no history of problems, and in fact I was considered a Premium member, I think I deserve better than to be thrown out in the cold with NO option to prove that the decision was made in error! Please believe me that it WAS made in error. I need someone to "go to bat for me" ,or to at least give me another door to open in my efforts to make things right. I deserve to be heard by someone who can do something about this injustice.... please.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @shursnap,

Via the community, only general assistance can be given. For account-specific assistance, only customer service can assist. I'm sorry for the frustration.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

shursnap
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia, I understand you have limitations on the assistance you can give and I appreciate your empathy for my situation. It's beyond frustration. Over the past 23 years I incorporated Paypal into my business and worked pretty much all of my financial transactions and payments in my life through Paypal. I didn't realize how dependent I was on the service, or how important it really was to me until it was Taken away from me, unjustly and with no recourse! I guess what I was hoping for from you was the thing I mentioned near the end of my last message.... another door that I can open in order to be able to explain my situation and plead my case to someone in customer support, or hopefully someone in a higher position, who can look at my situation with a little "common sense" and help set things right. As a self employed businessman for over 30 years I understand that mistakes happen and how important it is for customers to be able to express their thoughts and complaints to someone who will actually listen and be willing to do something to correct mistakes and provide thoughtful customer service. I would like to be able to submit a thoughtful, explanatory email to someone with some authority to act on my behalf and to feel like my 23 years as a Paypal customer is at least appreciated by someone in the company besides you. I don't want to burden you, but I feel I've earned a chance to be heard, at least. Can you help me make contact with someone who might be able to help me?, or at least the email address that I need to contact customer support? Anything you could do would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @shursnap,

I understand that email would be your preferred method of contact. I regret that the only means of communicating with PayPal  via email is through the webform, which is closed due to the permanency of the limitation. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.