Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve64hall 

No idea on Ebay fees, you would have to see what the fee structure is for selling motor vehicles on Ebay.

This is Paypal a totally separate company and you can view their fees by clicking on legal bottom right of this page > select the user agreement for your country and then FEES.

Fees are the same regardless of the buyers funding source.

Be aware you have 0 seller protection for motor vehicles on Paypal AND also make sure that the funds show in your paypal balance before you allow the buyer to collect IF you decide to go ahead with using paypal for your car.

Personally I would have stated bank transfer or cash on collection rather than paypal.

Be aware of scams involving cars, where they send you FAKE paypal emails saying you have been paid but have to pay a courier first and then the funds for the sale + courier are cleared to your paypal balance. This is a scam, even if the funds were pending they would SHOW in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve64hall 

No idea on Ebay fees, you would have to see what the fee structure is for selling motor vehicles on Ebay.

This is Paypal a totally separate company and you can view their fees by clicking on legal bottom right of this page > select the user agreement for your country and then FEES.

Fees are the same regardless of the buyers funding source.

Be aware you have 0 seller protection for motor vehicles on Paypal AND also make sure that the funds show in your paypal balance before you allow the buyer to collect IF you decide to go ahead with using paypal for your car.

Personally I would have stated bank transfer or cash on collection rather than paypal.

Be aware of scams involving cars, where they send you FAKE paypal emails saying you have been paid but have to pay a courier first and then the funds for the sale + courier are cleared to your paypal balance. This is a scam, even if the funds were pending they would SHOW in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Steve64hall
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently 2.9/3.9%. So over £560 for a sale of 20K. Won't be accepting paypal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve64hall 

I agree, I wouldn't either in that situation.

Bank transfer much easier and safer for a motor vehicle. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.