EBay Payment Preferences

sharissebullock
New Community Member

So I've already connected my PayPal to my EBay account so I can sell an item and it's keeps telling me that my email isn't linked to my PayPal when I just linked it. I've tried to refresh and close of out both EBay and PayPal and it's still saying the same thing. Please help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Boynitsa1234
Contributor
Contributor

@sharissebullock wrote:

So I've already connected my PayPal to my EBay account so I can sell an item and it's keeps telling me that my email isn't linked to my PayPal when I just linked it. I've tried to refresh and close of out both EBay and PayPal and it's still saying the same thing. Please help!

It may be just a matter of waiting 24 hours or so for their system to update or could be a glitch that will resolve itself overnight. Either way it’s worth giving it until tomorrow, try again and if no joy, then contact Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @sharissebullock

Hopefully, this has since been resolved, but it sounds as though either there is an error with the email address on the eBay end (clearing the computer cache may help if the form is auto-filling an old or mistyped email address). It's been a few years since we've had any access to eBay information but if memory serves me correctly, please try this:

1. Log into eBay from a computer and not the mobile app. 
  2. Go to "My eBay"
  3. Select the "Account" tab
  4. Listed on the far right is "PayPal Account"
  5. If it shows you linked to PayPal, unlink them then relink them to make sure there are no errors with the email address
  6. If there is no PayPal linked, follow the steps to do so.

If the accounts are successfully linked, and you are experiencing this error trying to list items, be sure to check the box for PayPal as sometimes it will auto fill the email address for the eBay account which is a big issue receiving payments if that email address isn't active in PayPal. Smiley Surprised

If you still experience difficulties, please feel free to follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Our support teams will be happy to help!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.