Does Refund include PayPal fees

jkuzinski
Contributor
Contributor

A person paid me $400, and PayPal took out a fee of $11.90 leaving me with $388.10. If I refund the money, will they get $400 back or $388.10?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jkuzinski

They receive a full refund if you issue one and 'part' of that refund is made up of the % part of the original fee.

However YOU are charged / not refunded the fixed part of that fee ie 30c as a processing charge for the payment and the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jkuzinski

They receive a full refund if you issue one and 'part' of that refund is made up of the % part of the original fee.

However YOU are charged / not refunded the fixed part of that fee ie 30c as a processing charge for the payment and the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andybal
Contributor
Contributor

It is much worse if Paypal designates your account as not being in US Dollars. I paid US$1,000  for an item. The fees charged by Payapl included at least $50 exchange fee from Australian dollars. When the item was returned because it was a misrepresentation the payment of US$1000 was refunded. Yet Paypal deesm my account to be in A$ and Paypal took approximately A$50 in exchange rate fees. Effectively in my account I got the amount back less A$100. This even more galling that my account is listed as being in US$.

Paypal will not answer any questions on this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.