Does PayPal share my address with whoever sends me money?

fluffybunny96
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I made a personal account and used it so a friend of a friend could pay me back for some things I bought them (they are from out of country visiting the friend, so no Venmo or anything). I know this person, but definitely not well and only bought them things as a gesture of kindness but they insisted on repaying me. I would not trust them to know my address but when they sent me money, I saw their address. I’m really concerned this essential stranger can see my address as I can see theirs. Can they see mine in return?? I am very unsettled. Is there a way to hide that information??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fluffybunny96 

No, the sender cannot see your mailing address in this situation but the sender can elect not to include their shipping address depending if shipping is needed. The sender in this specific case opted to leave their address, not that there is a necessarily anything nefarious about including it, probably just didn't bother to not include it.

Obviously if you were the sender and paying for goods and services, the you'd need to include your mail address to shipping is needed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fluffybunny96 

No, the sender cannot see your mailing address in this situation but the sender can elect not to include their shipping address depending if shipping is needed. The sender in this specific case opted to leave their address, not that there is a necessarily anything nefarious about including it, probably just didn't bother to not include it.

Obviously if you were the sender and paying for goods and services, the you'd need to include your mail address to shipping is needed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GATMASTER
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.