Dodgy email that I started to complete

Adnama
New Community Member

Can someone please help me ASAP. I started to complete an e mail that looked genuine as it said my account was suspended. I decided to double check when it asked me for card details so I stopped before entering any. I have since gone into PayPal direct and changed my password. Is there anything more I need to do before I can call PayPal at 8am in the morning? TYIA 😩

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Boynitsa1234
Contributor
Contributor

Personally, I would treble clear the cache and all cookies on whatever device you are using. There’s no guarantee that these scammers haven’t retrieved any information from your pc, tablet or phone already, if they are using some form of keystroke recognition, but, make their chances of getting any more information as slim as possible. It may be worth contacting Paypal too - I’m not saying that you have to get a reply from them before using Paypal in the morning, but, I would certainly forward the dodgy email to their fraud department - think it’s: <removed> spoof@paypal.com, should be easy enough to find via search on main site.

Another precaution that I take nowadays, is I have seperate email addresses for ebay, Paypal and facebook as a lot of information seems to pass between all of these companies and it never ceases to amaze me how apps can send me targeted adverts, even though I have never given them any preferences, so, basicalky they have received the information from another site. Always remember that (generally speaking) Paypal is connected to your bank account, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Best of luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.