Do third parties, whom we pay via paypal, get to know our card's number?

Tolis2000
Contributor
Contributor

Do third parties, whom we pay via paypal, get to know our card's number? 

I ask this because I made three transactions 2 days ago through paypal, and they billed me a few euros as was the deal. But then I found out that they might actually be a "scam" site. So I must know if they can access my credit card's number - since I payd through paypal - to go to change my credit card if so. On the meanwhile I cancelled the transactions with that site through paypal settings.

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tolis2000 

No, they do not see your card all details.

Depending on PayPal account type, they may see what card (Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover, etc) or payment method (bank or card) and maybe the last four digits (if that) as there are data reports available to business accounts that show payment method.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tolis2000 

No, they do not see your card all details.

Depending on PayPal account type, they may see what card (Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover, etc) or payment method (bank or card) and maybe the last four digits (if that) as there are data reports available to business accounts that show payment method.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kay2020
New Community Member
Do you use XOOM service.. I see it is linked to my account without my knowledge. I am worried that it might be scam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.