Do Not Understand How PayPal Works!!!

LEADSINGER4291
New Community Member

Hello.  I am really confused.  I signed up for a PayPal account yesterday for the first time.  And I linked my Credit Union Debit Card to the account.  But I have not been able to transfer any $$ from my bank account to PayPal, which I assume would be necessary if I wish to pay something through PayPal.  But I see NOTHING on the site that tells me how to put mmoney into my PayPal account.  It's a pretty basic questions...I hope someone can explain this to me!  Thank you!!!  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LEADSINGER4291 

You never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer. When you purchase an item Paypal credit the seller for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item.

Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to transfer to reimburse them from any bank account or card that has been added and confirmed to your paypal account.

They only credit the seller upfront though if you use....

1. Bank transfer but have a back up card linked to your account as well.
2. Debit or credit card.
If you have option 1 but have no back up card linked then your payment may go as an echeque and you and the seller will have to await clearance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.