Do I need a seperate account to sell?

Daisy33
Contributor
Contributor

I currently only use my Paypal account to purchase items and my payment source is my credit card

I would like to sell a few items from de-cluttering on  ebay but would like any payments to go into a bank account.

From researching on the boards it seems that the only way to keep credit card for purchases and bank account for receipts would be to have two accounts, one for buying, one for selling.   However looking at Paypal rules and regs they state the second account needs to be a business one and you need to confirm it is not to be used for selling personal or household goods.

Can anyone please advise me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daisy33

ok then you can select your card as your primary payment source...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

When you sell on Ebay buyers pay to the email address that is linked to your Paypal account which you should have added in the 'payments section' during listing an item for sale. Those funds go into your paypal 'balance' and then you can click to withdraw them when you want to, to any linked bank account (you can ONLY withdraw funds to a bank account (not debit card) in the UK).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daisy33

What country are you in?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Daisy33
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I am in the UK

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daisy33

ok then you can select your card as your primary payment source...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

When you sell on Ebay buyers pay to the email address that is linked to your Paypal account which you should have added in the 'payments section' during listing an item for sale. Those funds go into your paypal 'balance' and then you can click to withdraw them when you want to, to any linked bank account (you can ONLY withdraw funds to a bank account (not debit card) in the UK).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Daisy33
Contributor
Contributor

Wow thank you so much for such a detailed response which has really helped me.

You are a star!  

Login to Me Too

Daisy33
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry just to be clear. do I add my bank account to Paypal once I start to sell on EBay or when I want to clam payments

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daisy33

You can add your bank account whenever you want to it has nothing to do with receiving payments.

Your buyers can pay and it goes in your paypal account balance.

When you want to you can 'add' your bank account to withdraw those payments to it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Daisy33
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your patience and kindnessSmiley Happy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.