Do I have to link a credit card/bank account to spend my paypal balance?

Ausername69
Contributor
Contributor

Is it impossible to spend my paypal balance if i don't link a credit card or bank account? I tried changing my payment method to balance but it says 

This can’t be used as your preferred way to pay online. Choose a different payment method.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ausername69 

You can normally use funds in your paypal balance as long as they are in the correct currency and not pending....but that can vary country to country.

But for some transactions ie digital / virtual or higher risk and at some point anyway Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ausername69 

You can normally use funds in your paypal balance as long as they are in the correct currency and not pending....but that can vary country to country.

But for some transactions ie digital / virtual or higher risk and at some point anyway Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.