Direct Email for a Complaint Against Paypal

ppdeception
Contributor
Contributor

I need to contact someone at Paypal directly to file a formal complaint against paypal for predatory credit practices. I am attempting to resolve the issue directly with paypal before contacting outside sources and publicizing the claim, but paypal is making it very difficult to contact them.

I need a direct EMAIL address. Not a contact form on the website that doesn't allow for more than 2500 words. An actual email address. I am very distraught over these issues and would prefer to just get them resolved, but my next step will be to publish my open letter on my url www.paypaldeception.com and via social media. Please give me a direct route to resolution so that we can walk away with minimal damage.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ppdeception 

There is no direct "email address" to avoid this info being lifted by scammers and hustlers for use to phish and hack PayPal users. Go file complaint with BBB.org or look in PayPal Legal agreements by clicking "Legal" at the bottom of any PayPal page. They're not going to post an email address or number in public forums, except for spoof at PayPal dot com.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Catherine927
Contributor
Contributor

Where are you in the world? I can advise you if you are in the UK. Paypal have recently made it virtually impossible to contact them. There is no longer an offline message system and the online one never responds in time or at all. Calling them keeps no record of communication in convenient form or at all, which is how they like it, assuming they answer the phone.

You should write an actual letter to:

Paypal UK, Whittaker House, 2 Whittaker Avenue, Richmond, TW9 1EH

At the top of the letter mark it "Without Prejudice save as to costs". Set out your complaint, what you want the resolution to be and include details of any financial loss you have suffered as a result. Give them a fixed time period to reply, usually 14 days. Indicate that if you have not had a resolution of your complaint within this period that you will be pursuing a claim through the (UK) small claims county court.

Then if they then do not reply or reply sounding like they are not going to resolve your complaint then go here: https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim and make your claim. There is a small fee to pay but you get this back when you win. This will cause a "default summons" to be issued against Paypal for your claim and they then have 14 days from date of service to respond. If they don't respond, then you win by default and you then ask Paypal for your money. Trust me they will pay. If they do respond (file a defence), the court will ask you if you want to go through mediation. You should decline this offer. Paypal then have to employ a lawyer at some considerable expense including probably engage a barrister too to turn up and defend the claim in court at a cost of at least £1000 to them. The Small Claims Court is "user friendly" place. Informal and nice. Written into the UK Civil Procedure rules is that win or lose either party does not get their legal costs beyond the court fees and a bit of travel expenses. In a nut shell, Paypal lose either way because it always costs them a fortune to defend any such claim and from experience, the judges will be very sympathetic to your situation. So Paypal will settle your claim and probably not defend it at all because it is not worth it to them to do so.

If enough people do it, then they will change their policies because it is costing them too much to do otherwise, but failing that, on an individual basis, you will win. It takes the fight into a forum truly independent of Paypal and which they have no control over. It works every time against large organisations abusing their positions of power.

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your best bet is to snail mail your complaints. I did recently and am waiting to hear back from them. My issue was minor but I felt it had to be addressed. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.