Diners card

fotis_b
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My new card, that I use in paypal, is a Diners card  (in Greece they replaced AMEX and my bank gave me a Diners).

I bought a laptop (from Greek shop) which costed 412 euro, but the bank charged me 444 euros. This never happened all the years that I've been using AMEX. 

Did this happen to any of you?

Did you find a solution? 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @fotis_b,

I'm sorry to hear that there's a discrepancy in what you paid and what the bank charged you. PayPal supports Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. If your card used to be AMEX and changed, that may be why it could still be used. If the transaction in your summary doesn't match what is showing on your card, I would suggest reaching out to the card issuer to ask if they have added any fees.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

fotis_b
Contributor
Contributor
Hello @PayPal_Olivia, Diners card is a new "product" for my bank and when I called them they couldn't help me. I think that I am gonna remove diners and use my MasterCard. Thank you for contacting with me ..
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @fotis_b,

Thank you for the update! I'm sorry we weren't able to get to the bottom of things here.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

KoSi1012
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had the same problem with two transactions with Alpha Bank's Diners Card. Did you find a solution @fotis_b ?

Login to Me Too

fotis_b
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, After speaking with my bank (Alpha bank in Greece), we found out that Diners card has an extra charge for all paypal transactions. So it's not a good idea yo use Diners in paypal.
Login to Me Too

KoSi1012
Contributor
Contributor
Hi fotis_b, I have questioned the transaction and claimed the amount that I was overcharged and Alpha bank has finally refounded the amount into my account!Maybe you should do that too.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.