Difficulties with access debit card, here, and personal bank account for money transfer

mcri23
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have recently opened a PayPal business account.

My company is registered in the UK, based in London with a legal business address there. At present, I live abroad, but I will establish my residence in the UK by the end of this year.

I have noticed several difficulties, which make me hard to start with my business activity:

1. My personal account for money transfer is not accepted. It is located out of UK, but I don't realize why I should not manage my money through my account, even if it is located in another Country.

2. I cannot apply for the Access prepaid debit card

3. I cannot apply for the PayPal 'Here' card reader.

I would gratefully appreciate to have any clarification. I have noticed that such questions arise from many people within this community.

If these problems are only due to the web page bugs, isn't there any other procedure to solve such questions without wqsting more time?

Many Thanks

Maria <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mcri23,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you're facing getting your account set up. I'm happy to provide some clarification.

An account must be set up in the country in which you reside. The financial instruments that can be added to an account vary from country to country. For a UK account, only local and/or US bank accounts can be added, and credit cards can only be added if they're registered to a UK address on file in your account.

Once your residence is set up in the UK, you will be able to have a UK account. In the meanwhile, if your UK company has a person who lives in the UK who can be designated the point of contact for the account, you can have that person listed as the business contact on a UK account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.