Difference between Personal and Business PayPal account

reeree0
New Community Member

What is the difference between a Personal and a Business PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Personal accounts:

If you primarily need to make purchases and send money to family and friends, a personal account is probably right for you.   With a personal account you can do things like:
* Send and request money from friends and family.
* Buy goods and services.
* You can also use a personal account to receive money for the sale of goods and services, but if you plan to use your PayPal account primarily to sell things, you should consider a business account.   You can upgrade a personal account to a business account should circumstances change.

You can create item buttons with a Personal account however, there are limitations:
* You cannot save the button code to the PayPal servers or your account. (No "My Saved Buttons" option)
* You cannot create an email URL text link.
* You cannot create shipping methods or tax tables.
* You cannot track inventory or profit and loss.
* You cannot customize the checkout screens or display a logo and you don't have the option of any advanced features.
* You cannot create an active recurring or subscription item button.
* Personal Accounts will display both your name and email address to buyers.

A Business account has all of those features and more.
With a Business Account, buyers will see your business name and business email address - they would only see your name if it was the same as the business name.

Business accounts:

PayPal recommend business accounts for people and organizations that primarily use PayPal to sell goods or services or accept donations, even if your business is not incorporated.

With a business account, you can do things like:
* Use a company or business name as the name on your PayPal account.
* Allow up to 200 employees access to some of the features of your PayPal account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Personal accounts:

If you primarily need to make purchases and send money to family and friends, a personal account is probably right for you.   With a personal account you can do things like:
* Send and request money from friends and family.
* Buy goods and services.
* You can also use a personal account to receive money for the sale of goods and services, but if you plan to use your PayPal account primarily to sell things, you should consider a business account.   You can upgrade a personal account to a business account should circumstances change.

You can create item buttons with a Personal account however, there are limitations:
* You cannot save the button code to the PayPal servers or your account. (No "My Saved Buttons" option)
* You cannot create an email URL text link.
* You cannot create shipping methods or tax tables.
* You cannot track inventory or profit and loss.
* You cannot customize the checkout screens or display a logo and you don't have the option of any advanced features.
* You cannot create an active recurring or subscription item button.
* Personal Accounts will display both your name and email address to buyers.

A Business account has all of those features and more.
With a Business Account, buyers will see your business name and business email address - they would only see your name if it was the same as the business name.

Business accounts:

PayPal recommend business accounts for people and organizations that primarily use PayPal to sell goods or services or accept donations, even if your business is not incorporated.

With a business account, you can do things like:
* Use a company or business name as the name on your PayPal account.
* Allow up to 200 employees access to some of the features of your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

fuadmansaray
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! amazing. But again, can somebody pay any charges for using personal account on pay pay?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fuadmansaray 

Yes you pay if you are selling goods or services regardless of account type.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

carlwaring
New Community Member

I have a personal account but they've withdrawn the Credit Card service so was considering upgrading to a business account just for the card. Are there any other fees associated with the business account or can I just use it like a personal account?

Login to Me Too

SimplyWorship
Contributor
Contributor
How do I see/ change our account to a business account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.