Depositing and withdrawing from betting websites

Deltron
New Community Member

Apologies, total thicko here. So, firstly I wanted to set up a PayPal account to reduce the time that withdrawals take to process from U.K betting sites. What I don't understand is how that process actually works. I've almost no knowledge of PayPal and if you're not sure what you're looking for then the FAQs can be a very confusing place. I'm reluctant to engage with customer services again as no matter how specific I am they seem to offer little more than a copy & paste of the FAQ section - at best. To be specific: how are the deposits and withdrawals to the betting sites processed by PayPal - is it directly from funds in the PayPal account? Or will PayPal debit my bank account when depositing funds to betting sites, and credit my bank account when I withdraw funds from betting sites? I'd prefer the second option. I tried to register a bank account on PayPal but it asked permission to set up a direct debit- which I don't understand either. Like I said, total thicko. Anyone have any idea how any of this works? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Deltron,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I understand how this can be confusing. In general, when you receive money, the money goes straight to your PayPal balance. You would need to manually transfer the money to your bank account.

With a direct debit, if you don't have money in your PayPal account balance, PayPal will directly debit your bank account for any purchase. 

I hope this helps to clarify.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.