Depop

Mokarim
Contributor
Contributor
I was buying something on depop for £130. But the seller said that I can transfer him £120 on PayPal instead of paying through the depop app via PayPal. This would save him the fees and as a result I could also pay less. If I redact him £120 on depop and he posts me the item am I still covered on purchasing the item, as the transaction?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Randy

@Mokarim,

In order for a transaction to be eligible for PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy, the full amount would have to be sent via PayPal.  

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Mokarim
Contributor
Contributor
Hi yes so if we don’t go through depop to avoid the 10% fees and I send him £120 on PayPal and in the reference say payment for jacket. Then that covers me if he doesn’t post it or if it’s faulty?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again, @Mokarim.

Once the payment has been sent as one transaction as a goods/service payment, you will be covered under our Buyer Protection Policy.

Payments for friends/family transactions are not covered under our Buyer Protection Policy, so please ensure that you are selecting goods/services when you are sending this payment.

I hope this helps.
David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.