Deducting $6 Before Transfer

PlainWhiteSauce
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I'm having some trouble with my account in that the last two times I've received money from my aunt my email said she gave me $200 (which is what she said she was going to give me), but when I open my account it says I have $193.90. Keep in mind this is before transfer to my bank account, which I realize comes with a fee of $0.25. But $6 is just ridiculous. Anyone know what's up? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

There's a very good chance the sender chose the wrong option for sending you the money - I'm guessing that the sender chose "Goods and Services" instead of "Friends and Family" - there is a fee (2.9% +.$30) on the total amount which was charged to you because Goods and Services is for selling - the PayPal system assumes you sold something.   If the sender would have selected "Friends and Family" and used money from either their PayPal Account Balance or their Bank Account, you would have received the total amount - no fees.

Fees are explained here, note the section titled "Sending money to friends and family."   Fees are also explained in the User Agreement.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

There's a very good chance the sender chose the wrong option for sending you the money - I'm guessing that the sender chose "Goods and Services" instead of "Friends and Family" - there is a fee (2.9% +.$30) on the total amount which was charged to you because Goods and Services is for selling - the PayPal system assumes you sold something.   If the sender would have selected "Friends and Family" and used money from either their PayPal Account Balance or their Bank Account, you would have received the total amount - no fees.

Fees are explained here, note the section titled "Sending money to friends and family."   Fees are also explained in the User Agreement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.