Customer support

Lionell96
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I've tried to contact paypal through phone but they always hang up so i try to contact them via email but the automated bot always shows up. When he asks me if he could have helped me i choose "no, i need more help" and then it automatically closes the conversation and won't let me contact customer support in any way possible. What do i have to do now? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1,184 REPLIES 1,184

ChrisV6
Contributor
Contributor

I really need to contact paypal over a refund issue but i just cant ! I have tried the message centre were I found the agent rather rude and unhelpful to say the very least. 

The last comment from this chat was 

If you go to our website and select Q&A and select how to put a formal claim

Here I can not do anything else.

This does not seem to be a thing as I cant enter a formal claim, if you search for it there is not a listing. I think it was an excuses to get ride of me".

I don't have face book account, I know shock horror but I did not realise it was a condition in order to email paypal.

The issues is my claim has been declined based on

"the information we have to date, we have to deny your claim. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute".

I get this but my issue is there is not a correct section to fill in.

Basically I sent an item back for a refund, seller has confirm they have it and have issued the refund but the refund is pending on there paypal and to contact paypal.

The message agent say there is nothing I can do and wont answer how I solve it or how I raise it correctly. The agent confirms that I have protection for a refund not issued after good returned but saying there is nothing he can do.

Can anyone help please ?

thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisV6 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChrisV6
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the post

The sell said he processed the refund some 10 days ago (i suspect this may not be the truth)

The payment was made though paypal following an invoice sent to me via paypal

thanks

Login to Me Too

biscuits3
Contributor
Contributor

have an issue with a refund..

come directly from ebay , its in the paypal - yet balance shows as zero?

should i not have a +balance on my paypal a/c to use on next purchase or does the money go directly back on to my credit card after a few days?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@biscuits3 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

biscuits3
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

Georgia103
I would like to know if payment can be made with a debit card please. Thanks
Login to Me Too

PaulTallini
Contributor
Contributor
Paid with you. Got nothing. 67$ TO Mike Auguson on May 4 my account says payment recieved but never got email about tracking and haven't gotten my product.
Login to Me Too

sal60
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem too for contacting Paypal i had a limitation on my account simply because i had changed a few times a bank card on my account the limitation ended via my account being restricted for good before this i was asking many agents to close my account a sale went through but the buyer decided to do the dirt on me and complained to Paypal but he used an excuse as the item listed was correctly listed paypal side with him to cut a story short i had end up being returned my samsung s20 back but the buyer had opened the item and used it and returned with a pencil scratch on the front LCD screen i chose not to want to appeal as i had so much stress from this guy  as i am a 60 year old man and suffer from  heart condition  but both parties paypal and ebay were aware of this misconduct from this buyer but both parties at that time ignored my complaint in the end i managed to have the ebay charges dropped from the item that was never sold ebay and paypal were never communicating properly i recon to the extent that paypal tried to take charges off the fundings from my paypal account from the  item Samsung S20 that had already requested by me to refund the fundings to the buyer  and because no one managed to do that paypal or ebay in the end the used the excuse that improper activity were conducted with my account to force to limit me to use it and now they have left the account showing all my details open without be able to use it surely they should me a law to protect us from this kind of behaviour under the personal protection act its ridiculous i think paypal are bullis and i believe they should permanently destroy my details on their system 

Login to Me Too

Rab127
Contributor
Contributor
Yes buddy am the same been waiting for someone to get back to me since Thursday 26th it's a disgrace
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.