Customer support

Lionell96
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I've tried to contact paypal through phone but they always hang up so i try to contact them via email but the automated bot always shows up. When he asks me if he could have helped me i choose "no, i need more help" and then it automatically closes the conversation and won't let me contact customer support in any way possible. What do i have to do now? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1,184 REPLIES 1,184

TonyH64
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck with finding a human at paypal, they have the worst customer support "service".

I've reported the behaviour of Paypal to the ACCC.

Login to Me Too

Krazygirl3
New Community Member

I have been calling customer service for over 2 weeks and they won't answer the phone. I have emailed them numerous times and they won't respond to my emails. How do you get to talk to a person?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Krazygirl3 

If its nothing we can help with then your options are.........

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Carlarandle1971
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyome know how i can get ahold of someone personally at paypal
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carlarandle1971 

If we can't help then your options are......

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I've tried to deal with my security issue over the phone and recently got through to them 4 or 5 times.  The reason it doesn't help is because with anything to do with security issues, the phone reps have no direct internal communication lines with their security team.  They can't just call them and get a five-minute resolution.  Also, based on my calls, they don't seem to have access to security-related details of our accounts, so their hands are tied.  What the phone reps can do right now is send email messages to security and tell us to wait, sometimes up to 16 business days for a response.  When I do get a response from the security team, it's as if they didn't even read the message.  There's no internal accountability at PayPal right now towards how customers are treated.  PayPal is obviously understaffed, but at least make the attempt to resolve customer issues one-by-one instead sending out cut-and-paste emails over and over again that are of no use to us.  I'm hoping that they come across some of my posts and see them as constructive suggestions towards positive change.

PayPal, update your communication processes and please start helping us.  Once you get to an issue, please resolve it; don't put it on the shelf!  Call me and I'll talk you through it, I've spent many years working on processes and process updates.

Also, selfishly, by posting here, especially when I believe a PayPal rep is online like @PayPal_Olivia might be right now, maybe she'll decide to actually head over to one of my issues and actually help with some real, useful info.  With all my posts in threads I've actually started, not even one rep has responded.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230524CK
New Community Member
Does PayPal have a free phone number from mobiles ?
Login to Me Too

jland20
New Community Member

How do I contact a live Paypal representative by phone or chat? No one answers phone calls and no one responds to my messages. I have messaged at different times of day/night..so it's not like no one is available. 

Login to Me Too

tebow1
New Community Member

I have been trying to get a person on the phone to help with my difficult situation    you can't get a person on the phone.    why am I using PayPal if I acnt get to people for questions

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tebow1 

Well as you have not asked a question on here then i guess you think we can't help so your options are.....

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.