Customer support

Lionell96
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I've tried to contact paypal through phone but they always hang up so i try to contact them via email but the automated bot always shows up. When he asks me if he could have helped me i choose "no, i need more help" and then it automatically closes the conversation and won't let me contact customer support in any way possible. What do i have to do now? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1,184 REPLIES 1,184

TonyH64
Contributor
Contributor

i agree and it is time to look for an alternative and then  bring paypal down, no one is too big to collapse.

Login to Me Too

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

The only way to fight PayPal is to prove that they're breaking their User Agreement first, because they can't hold you to an agreement that they're constantly violating.  In context, there are probably legal grounds to circumvent the small claims court clause in the Agreement if PayPal is constantly breaking their own rules in a way that's hurtful to you.  It's not hard to find gaps where they're violating things if you read the long version of the PayPal User Agreement in full.

For example, if they state they will provide you with information and they don't, they're violating the agreement.  If they do it over and over again, then it demonstrates that they systematically do not care to follow it.  If they do it repeatedly, and those actions are hurtful to you, and they should have reasonably known their actions were hurtful to you, then that's harassment by legal definition.  A judge wouldn't automatically throw a case out of court due to a clause if this is the case.  He might, but he'll have to think about the legalities quite a bit before he does.

That hasn't been my plan, I just want to get back up and running, but that's the way I see it.  As much as I'd love to say, "I want to bring PayPal down," I keep telling myself I'd rather they just treated their customers with a decent minimum standard so we can keep things going nicely.

Login to Me Too

GordB
Contributor
Contributor

There is no solution in this thread.  I'd call it a best suggestion that yields no results, but a solution it is not.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GordB 

That would depend on what country you are in, some countries phone options are more reliable.

All you can do is TRY.

Just because you can't does not mean others can, or would you prefer no one TRIED just because you say its impossible?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gandress
Anyone else having issues with speaking with someone on PayPal? If yes, what have your wait times been?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gandress 

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BB90RQ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Is there a customer services phone number for uk paypal queries please? 5 times I have used the message centre, was given the wrong info and each time the operator shut it down when they had responded so I had to start a new one, and explain that the info i was given previously was invalid! Still not getting anywhere and I want this matter dealt with and then forgotten. I cant believe I cant even locate a phone number. Even a chat box would be nice, but I just keep getting 'send a message' feature, which obviously isn't working in this case. I have had this paypal account for years without a problem but now I have one I cant get help. So frustrating! I am beginning to think I will just sort this matter and then shut the account. I have never dealt with anything/anyone with such a lack of response! Sorry for the rant, so frustrated with it. Been going on weeks now. Thank you for listening and for any help anyone can provide! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BB90RQ 

As you don't think we can help with your 'issue' then your options are...

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BB90RQ
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I am begging for help to get this sorted here. You blame 'covid' for the issues.... my bank, the DVLA, BT, Sky, Hastings car insurance... etc etc...  these are all business as usual... longer waiting times sure, but problems resolved. Oh, yeah... and it was my bank that notified me of the discrepancies. I am seeking a professional resolution to a very real problem, and asking if anyone knows of a way to obtain this help. I have all the statements from my bank etc to prove the issue isnt with my funding to paypal, and the corresponding documents from paypal that prove they received it. \i would be grateful for any real advice anyone can offer. This problem should be easy to resolve..... Thanks for looking.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BB90RQ 

I gave you all the options available, so....your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.