Customer support

Lionell96
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I've tried to contact paypal through phone but they always hang up so i try to contact them via email but the automated bot always shows up. When he asks me if he could have helped me i choose "no, i need more help" and then it automatically closes the conversation and won't let me contact customer support in any way possible. What do i have to do now? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1,184 REPLIES 1,184

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lionell96 

Your welcome. 😁

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lyeran
New Community Member

want a live person

Login to Me Too

JdSwenson
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get in contact with a real person to talk about the issues I’ve been having with PayPal
Login to Me Too

Mar1955
New Community Member

Is it me or does Paypal not care about customer service anymore?

Login to Me Too

Dawn497
Contributor
Contributor

So seeing the number of threads on this topic...there is no way to call Paypal anymore, is there?  I've tried the number multiple times and it will never send me through to a real person.  Are we all basically out of luck now if we have any issues with Paypal?  (Don't get me started on the messaging system.)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dawn497 

If we can't help then your options are...........

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dawn497
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  The fact that Paypal hasn't resumed phone service is pretty much unconscionable.  I can't think of any other company that hasn't resumed some form of phone assistance.

Speaking of phone service, I can call them.  Then every time I'm told that phone assistance isn't available for my issue.  And I've tried lots of different issues.  So yeah...the lines are up, but there's no one on the other side.

I've never been given the opportunity to live chat.

I have sent them a message.  The people on the other side don't really do much.  And then they close the conversation without resolving the issue and I need to start all over again.  (Way to go Paypal...great customer service.)

I'll try their social media.  I don't have much hope that anyone is home at Paypal right now.

BTW, a good company would have someone reading these boards who would contact people and resolve issues.  It's telling that Paypal does not.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dawn497 

Yeah thats what ''phones are mainly non operational'' means ie no one on the other end !!!

And this is a 'user to user' community advice forum so you will rarely get customer services replying, thats what 'community' means.

I think you will find most 'companies' use community forums and don't post on them themselves.   

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Billis62
New Community Member

What's wrong with Paypal? I can't get through on the phone and the messeging just goes around in circles and says they are all offline although they should be online. bad customer service!

Login to Me Too

Temp20230524CJ
New Community Member

How to contact PayPal urgently? with the update they deleted datas! Contacting them by phone is not possible (or they changed the phone number).

In the chat (what isn's is obviously one, you take hours for every response of them???!!!).

Does someone knows something more to get in touch with them?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.