Credit card 1% withdrawal fee issue

anthony1337
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

i've recently noticed (like a week ago) paypal has implemented 1% withdrawal fee for instant credit card transactions. I have European account and was able to request withdrawals only with standard option for now (takes 2-3 days) and it costed 2.5$. I have two options now, to request a withdrawal via instant and standard option, on first screen one is 1% up to 10$ and second is 2.5$, so all good, but when i proceed both take 1% (and both seems to be instant options).

I've asked a couple of people online from my country to check if they have the same thing changed in that section and all confirmed it, so it's a global thing. Is that a mistake/bug? I was and am fine with waiting a couple of days for my withdrawal, but i'm not fine with a 1% fee, even though transaction is consequently instant. I'd love to have standard option available for 2.5$ fee.

Can anyone give me more info about that? Paypal support is not replying to my email for almost 4 days now.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Rumyana1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue with my European paypal account. I wrote to PayPal and await their response. Hope this is some glitch...

Login to Me Too

Rumyana1
Contributor
Contributor

And Paypal's answer: I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, this is a technical issue on our side.

Login to Me Too

anthony1337
Contributor
Contributor

Well, thats good to know. And at least you got an answer. It's been two weeks since i sent them an email and no response...I honestly hope they're working on fixing it and not waiting on purpose to get as much money as possible out of the people during that time...

Login to Me Too

nbsf
Contributor
Contributor

I seem to have the same issue since last friday. Both site and mobile app only have instant option available. Standard option is there but is not really accessible. It really looks like a "glitch" to force us to use the expensive transfer. Have this been resolved for you guys?

Login to Me Too

nbsf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've been trying to withdraw to one of my cards and when I click on it in the Standard section it enables it in the Instant section instead. I can't seem to be able to use the standard withdrawal at all. It looks like a page glitch - I tried both Firefox and Chrome and it's the same in both. Same when trying with my other cards. I sent a message with screenshot to support but I'm still curious if anyone has encountered this before?

Login to Me Too

nbsf
Contributor
Contributor

I received an answer from support with confirmation that this is a glitch on their side so I decided to use the Paypal mobile app instead. Now when I try to withdraw I get:

"We're having some trouble completing your request right now"

What are the odds? No specific problem, no timeframe for this or the glitch to be resolved. I guess I'll just sit in the dark, waiting for Godot.

Login to Me Too

Promettheus
Contributor
Contributor

how hard can it be to fix a page with 2 radio buttons? it is more than a month now. their approach was to increase both fees to 1% instead of fixing the problem. and when I am thinking they work with our money, what other glitches the system hides? how many security flaws are there under the surface we do not see? is paypal a platform that is dying and are they hiding this from us? Should we move to transferwise or another platform? Fees have constantly been increased (they are now almost double comparing with 3-4 years ago) and quality of services is going down.

Login to Me Too

Rumyana1
Contributor
Contributor

I still have this problem.

Login to Me Too

Flo2020
Contributor
Contributor

Still not working! They force me to pay 1% fee! What a scam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.