Creating business account for friend

Phoury
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, everyonel!

Recently, I've got a request from my old classmate living in Cambodia to help creating business paypal account for her because she's selling some items on Ebay, and she seemed to having trouble receiving money from her customers. She said receiving and transferring money option in Paypal is not available in Cambodia yet, so knowing that I'm in New Zealand right now, she wants me to create one for her. I'm not so sure whether I should do it, so I hope to get advice from you here. Should I create a business account for her?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phoury 

Firstly she is correct the option to receive paypal payments is not available in Cambodia.

However you can't set her up with a NZ account as it would never work for her in Cambodia.

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

Also by opening one up for her you risk your own account being limited as its against paypal rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Phoury
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Kernowlass! 

Thanks for the reply! I do concern about the risks and rules too, but just that I don't know how to tell her back. I think I'll need to explain her more in detail. Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.