Confused

Jaycb87
New Community Member
So I have just downloaded PayPal for the first time. Went to put my bank details in and it says that card is already linked to a PayPal account. How do I stop this who do I report this too.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Jaycb87 wrote:
So I have just downloaded PayPal for the first time. Went to put my bank details in and it says that card is already linked to a PayPal account. How do I stop this who do I report this too.

Hi @Jaycb87,

There are two possibilities in this situation:

• Your financial information has been linked to another account. If this has been linked without permission, please contact PayPal to report the unauthorized activity. The customer support team will provide further information on what will follow.

• Your financial information has been used on PayPal in the past, but has either been disabled for security reasons or has exceeded the maximum amount of times it can linked to an account. Even if those past accounts were closed, financial information is monitored to prevent fraud and abuse.

Please click here to retrieve their contact number.

You cannot use the email support option, as the secure details required cannot be transmitted using this method.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.