Confirmed Tracking Number , Still No Payment or Pending Payments In My PayPal

Amanda1223
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
So i recently started posting to Ebay stuff around the house i don't use or have use for anymore, and i had 3 old laptops in my closet that i had posted to Ebay and yesterday i had someone message me about all of them. They asked if we could do it same day delivery through paypal, so i  of course didn't see a problem with that. So we get to the post office and tell the person, "Richard <removed>" "Annabel <removed>" whoever it was, how much shipping costs would be because he offered to "pay" for the shipping as well as 700 all together for the laptops. So i'm waiting on him for the payment and no where does it say anywhere that i have a pending payment until i checked my spam mail and had two emails from "<removed> email that is paypal plus the actual email it was sent from, "<removed>" saying the money was sent and will be credited in my account as soon as i put in the tracking information, so i of course thought it was sketchy because it wasn't even in my paypal account as pending but still proceeded with the transaction in hopes the dude was being legit. He blew my phone up the night before about the laptops so i thought it was legit. But i sent the tracking number 2 times to that email and got an email back saying that the buyer was legit and the money will be credited to my account as soon as the item was shipped. Still no sign of the money and the item was sent out hours ago. I already sent the email over to the spoof@ what other actions can i take against this person?
Spoiler

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi Amanda1223 and welcome, 

I am very sorry to hear what has happened to you. Apart from sending the emails to spoof@paypal.com you can also contact your local police station and share the details with them about what has happened and the address that you sent the items too. They may be able to do some follow up for you. 

If you have any questions or concerns in the future please feel free to post them here. 

Thanks

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.