Concerned about Asian suppliers

demagbk10
New Community Member

Hello first post. Just to say I've used PayPal for years without issue. However I need a touchscreen for an old phone and I've found two suppliers, one in India and one in China. They accept PayPal but their reviews are pretty awful and I'm wondering if I send the money is that the last I'll see of it or will I be able to claim it back if there is non delivery or the part is damaged or faulty? This particular touchscreen is as rare as hens teeth now so I haven't really got much option in suppliers. I can use one of these two suppliers for approximately £50 or I can use certified suppliers through Alibaba but they want approximately £100 to supply one or less per item for multiple orders.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@demagbk10 

You should ask yourself how much you are willing to lose and if you are ok with handling the costs of a return if it should come to that. If you paid through your PayPal account and through a PayPal integrated store checkout, there is purchase protection for item not received and/or not as described but keep in mind, it does have it's limitations depending on your circumstances and what case you file with PayPal and their final decision. PayPal never claim the purchase protection is a 100% guarantee. If you pay with credit card, you may have chargeback rights for purchase protection with your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.