Complaint due to personal information being given out.

Sarahfloyd1507
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 
I lodged a complaint with PayPal due to the fact they gave a buyer of mine via depop my personal mobile number. I have heard nothing back from my complaint and since then they have put a hold on my account and have not responded to a single email. This has been going on for a couple of months now. Does anyone know what the complaints procedure is and who I can now complain to that I am not getting any responses from PayPal themselves. 

Thanks 

Sarah 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sarahfloyd1507

You can use paypal to buy or sell using an email address or phone number.

So the buyer either gets your email address or your phone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sarahfloyd1507
Contributor
Contributor

I use my email address to log in etc. Only my mobile for when they need to contact me. Im sure that since GDPR regulations came into play that they are meant to confirm the information they can use. When I called and spoke to someone after the buyer had contacted me she stated that they are not allowed to give out personal information. 

Whats more frustrating is that no-one has bothered to come back to me to explain this despite it being over 6 weeks from when I initially made the complaint. What choices do I have next?

Thanks 

Sarah 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.