Community group

IOC
New Community Member

I (along with some others) am about to set up a community group. This will be a not-for-profit group, and we will be running a crowdfunder campaign to raise money for activities in our local area. We will be setting up a Community bank account (for clubs and associations). Will we be able to use this bank account for a PayPal account, without incurring fees when money is paid into the account? Are there any specific rules we need to be aware of regarding the use of a PayPal account for a not-for profit organisation?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Assuming your plan is to accept donations for your group and your group has a bank account setup - you may want to setup a Business Account for starters.   Note, there are fees for accepting donations however, there are no fees to withdraw funds from your PayPal Account Balance to your bank account.   There's some good info here that may answer some of your questions.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Assuming your plan is to accept donations for your group and your group has a bank account setup - you may want to setup a Business Account for starters.   Note, there are fees for accepting donations however, there are no fees to withdraw funds from your PayPal Account Balance to your bank account.   There's some good info here that may answer some of your questions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.