Closing account

rf21
Contributor
Contributor

Next to account type in my PayPal settings, it has my PayPal account type listed as "Business" and next to that it says "Close account". I don't want a business account anymore, I want to change back to personal account. I'm afraid if I click "Close account" it will delete my whole PayPal account instead of changing it from a business account to personal account. If I click "Close account", will it just change from a business account to personal account and I get to keep my account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rf21 wrote:

Next to account type in my PayPal settings, it has my PayPal account type listed as "Business" and next to that it says "Close account". I don't want a business account anymore, I want to change back to personal account. I'm afraid if I click "Close account" it will delete my whole PayPal account instead of changing it from a business account to personal account. If I click "Close account", will it just change from a business account to personal account and I get to keep my account?

To change back to personal account, contact PayPal customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rf21
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@rf21 wrote:

To change back to personal account, contact PayPal customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

I know, and I did that. I'm pretty sure that's why I'm able to click close account. Before I contacted them, I couldn't use close account option in which I don't know what it does. You didn't answer my question. I asked what "Close account" option would do to my PayPal account. If you know, please reply. If not, well, I don't know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.