Classic View - Gone? (ugh)

Peaceland
Contributor
Contributor

Well, so far, for years, I've been able to figure out a link to get around "the new look" of paypal, and actually get more work done...

Now it seems to be impossible to find again...

Please, anyone... why do they keep punishing us with "the new look"...?

If you have found a solution, please advise...

Peace

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Don't think there's a work around anymore - it takes some time to get used to the updated interface and navigating to the features you want to use - I've found a few quarks you may or may not run into but, Tech Support was able to provide some quick fixes.

Login to Me Too

circa55
Contributor
Contributor

For a while, I was able to access the classic view, but cannot find it.

Paypal should bring this back.

Login to Me Too

Peaceland
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed, Sir... very sad...

Login to Me Too

duftopia
Contributor
Contributor

I agree the trend is to make users answer each others question, drop features, raise prices and monopolize the arena.  Any alternatives?, and paypal was one of the best services online they even paid interest on the account when they were in not a US cronie, oh well its been a good run.

If against the offs they should make things easy again please inform me before I move even more clients off the ebay/paypal division of Amazon

Duf

Login to Me Too

pauliepaul
Contributor
Contributor

I miss having the time of the transaction on the activity which I could only find in the classic view. It makes a difference to me when people purchase items separately and later want a refund, or if I dont get payment notifications through via email, I need to see quickly what time people paid so I dont send the same order twice. It's on the email notifications, so I dont see why Paypal cant add it to the activity info.

GIMME BACK THE TIME!

Please.

Pretty please.

Login to Me Too

spiyda
Contributor
Contributor

Finally the link to the classic view no longer works.

This is a Classic (sic) example of a company not listening to its customers.

The Classic view was all I wanted and needed to efficiently run my business.

As an ex Development manager I find using the new pages offensively inefficient.

PayPal is now costing me money.

Login to Me Too

sparc

Totally agree, tha activity listings in old web site was really helpfull, new one withoiut a daily balance is a pain in the **bleep**

Login to Me Too

carolem
Contributor
Contributor

Without Classic View there is NO way to cancel an ECHECK that is hanging in Pending forever....  Help Desk says Recipient can cancel in their History Screen , while reading from an old Google help script that was based off CLASSIC VIEW.  In the NEW Forced Interface, there is No HISTORY with ANY  selectable Action that you can do e xcept for an huge ARCHIVE Button in The Activity column.    No human help to look at the new interface screen to see there is no cancel option.  Guess no programming quality control .  Wonder why they did not notice how many people were clicking on Classic View when given the option over their new interface look.   Forced to block echecks to prevent this from happening in the future.  Very Sad...........

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.