Chose wrong dispute

Nancyhulk
New Community Member
Someone had me order them something from a site that offered pay through paypal so I figured we could trust it. I ordered but never received confirmation of my order after about a week so I put in a dispute thinking it was a fake site that i "never received my order".... well they sent me something, something I completely didnt order. I ordered a large truck replica of a ford f150 but received a small package with a description that said "underwear" on the front and 2 masks inside. I tried to contact customer service to change the dispute, the tracking number matches the tracking number they supplied to paypal on the package. But I cannot get a hold of anyone and when I try to put in a new dispute they dismiss me. The company refuses to give me my refund unless I send back the 2 masks from china and i refuse to pay to send them back and the mistake was on their part. How do i fix this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nancyhulk 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

HOWEVER...if you win the dispute you will probably still have to return the item at your own expense trackable to prove delivery before you get a refund so make sure you have activated the below link to get help with those costs.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Lastly avoid China websites or ads on social media, most give up returning the tat they receive and so the companies get away with scamming you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.