Charity fees differ from one transaction to another

FX02
Contributor
Contributor

I help with the running of an eBay account for a charity and recently I have noticed that the fees are varying from one transaction to another. We usually pay the standard 1.4%+20p (UK), but often the fees work out at more.  Could it be something to do with overseas buyers?  Sorry if this is something obvious, but I like to have all of the payments accurately recorded and this is confusing my spreadsheet workings....

Thanks in advance for any support.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

alante1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get a resolution to this? I've just started having the same trouble. I've got some tickets on sale for a talk and they are £15 each. Up until 19th August I was being charged 41p on each one which is 1.4% + 20p. However, since then I've been charged 74p and 64p on the same amount. All are Uk sales.

Login to Me Too

alante1
Contributor
Contributor

I've just spoken to Paypal and they told we'd never set the account up properly initially (some 9 years ago) and so we were down as 'non-profit' rather than 'charity' and fees for non-profits have increased of late. However, when I pressed him to check the setup he found we had submitted everything that was asked of us and so they are going to review and hopefully correct the fees.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.